WHY qEEG Imaging?
What is a qEEG?
A qEEG (Quantitative Electroencephalogram) is a diagnostic tool that measures electrical activity in the form of brain wave patterns that tell us how your brain is communicating. It is sometimes referred to as “brain mapping.”
Brain waves are the rhythmic electrical impulses generated when the millions and millions of neurons inside your head communicate with each other. Brain waves can reveal important information about your overall brain function, including stress levels, thought patterns, and emotions. A qEEG can reveal brain wave patterns that are associated with impulsivity, cognitive inflexibility, anxiety, and other symptoms.
QEEG Brain Scans Explained: How qEEG Can Help
A qEEG is a very valuable component of the comprehensive evaluation at Friedel Clinic. It helps understand the cortical electrical activity in the brain. It can show if activity in the brain is too high or too low, and it can reveal how your brain cells are communicating with each other. It can be helpful in many ways, including:
- Identifying cognitive and psychiatric problems
- Showing how your brain wave patterns can be improved
- Predicting medication response, such as how you are likely to respond to antidepressant medication
- Providing valuable information in creating a personalized treatment plan (which may include biofeedback techniques such as neurofeedback) to help balance your brain
- Tracking your progress with different therapies and treatments
- Providing objective information used to create your personalized neurofeedback program or guide other therapies such as HRV, HBOT or Sleep to strengthen your brain.
In conjunction with brain SPECT imaging, qEEG gives us additional information about how your brain functions and can be used for baseline information as well as to track progress with treatment. We can use the information from qEEG as a guide to determine the most effective solutions to help you change your brain and improve your memory, boost focus and attention, reduce depression, minimize anxiety, and enhance overall performance.